Neptune Consulting Group, Inc. provides a wide variety of Information Technology (IT) services for our valued customers. Consequently, Neptune provides a variety or Service Level Agreements commensurate with the type of service(s) provided.
- Cloud Services for the following computing/networking equipment:
- Database management system (MySQL, MS-SQL Server, Oracle, etc.)
- Microsoft and/or Linux web portal for database management system
- Firewall/VPN router (provided by Neptune Consulting Group, Inc.)
- Managed Services for the following computing/networking equipment:
- Firewall/router (provided by Neptune Consulting Group, Inc.)
- Email support for the customer’s email domain(s) (SMTP, POP3, IMAP, MAPI)
- Managed Services for software application hosting, including server and networking equipment:
- Web servers/web portals (provided by Neptune Consulting Group, Inc.)
- Application server(s) (provided by Neptune Consulting Group, Inc.)
- Database server(s) (provided by Neptune Consulting Group, Inc.)
- VPN routers for secure access to applications and data (provided by Neptune Consulting Group, Inc.)
- VPN Routers for secure connections to local, state, government agencies (provided by Neptune Consulting Group, Inc.)
- Firewall/router (provided by Neptune Consulting Group, Inc.)
- Redundant AC power sources
- Redundant network connections
- Environmentally-controlled computing/networking environment
- Redundant levels of fire suppression systems
- Physical security for all equipment hosted at Neptune’s Data Center
- Logical (network) security for all equipment Hosted at Neptune’s Data Center
- Systems and Network Monitoring
- Data backups for data stored on Neptune-managed database servers
- Remote system management tools
- Internet connection to Major Network Access Points
- A PHP-Based, 8-bit web mail interface accessible from anywhere on the Internet
- Applying vendor patches, application patches, firmware patches, security patches, operating system updates, etc.
- 99.99% Uptime
The following IT Services are examples of services that Neptune Consulting Group, Inc. does NOT provide to customers without special contractual riders, and, as such, Service Level Agreements are not required:
- Disaster recovery services
- Cisco router security (ACLs, IOS security patches, IOS upgrades, etc.)
- Hardware failures of hosted equipment
- Microsoft operating system maintenance/management, security/patches/updates
- Third party application support (e.g., Pick, universe, VSI-FAX, HULFT, IOS, etc.)
- VPN routers located at IT contract customers’ branch offices
- Active Directory configuration and/or management
- Printer/spooling maintenance/management
- Virus, worm, spyware, malware removal / clean-up
- Software (operating system, applications) bug tracking, bug reporting
- User and/or group policy compliance
- Desktop support services
- Governmental policy compliance / conformity (e.g. HIPAA, Sarbanes-Oxley)
- Website design / updates / maintenance
- Database design and/or support services
- Support for any equipment that is not hosted at the Neptune Data Center
- Technical training / educational services
- IT consulting services
Terms and Definitions
- Cloud Services
- The service that provides physical space within our Data Center that can be used to store and operate computing equipment (e.g. servers, computers) and network equipment (e.g. network switches, network routers, VPN routers, etc.). The physical space provided includes a reasonable environment in which all the equipment can operate effectively and efficiently.
- Major Network Access Point
- Within the context of this Service Level Agreement, "Major Network Access Point" refers to the Internet connections provided to us by VPLS through our Data Center.
- Managed Services
- Systems administration routines such as:
- User account administration
- Regularly scheduled data backups (excluding users’ POP3 inboxes – due to the dynamic nature of these files)
- Server monitoring
- Network monitoring
- Providing network and data security
- Ensuring 99.9% uptime
- Network Monitoring
- Neptune Consulting Group, Inc. monitors all TCP/IP TCP and UDP service ports to ensure that the services that should be active are running and also to notify our security staff if there are active services that should not be running on the hosted equipment.
- Within the context of this Service Level Agreement, "Redundant" means "at least two (2)".
- Response Time
- The time in which it takes Neptune Consulting Group, Inc. to respond to an IT-related request from the customer, provided that the request was submitted through the proper channels.
- The actual time that has elapsed from the time an IT-related request has been submitted to the time that the request has been resolved to the customer’s satisfaction. Upon receipt of an IT-related request, Neptune Consulting Group, Inc. will provide the customer with a reasonable “Estimated Time-To-Resolution” (ETR).
- Within the context of this Service Level Agreement, Uptime means accessibility and availability of the cloud-hosted equipment at the Neptune Consulting Group, Inc. Data Center. Neither hardware failure, nor customer IT administrator error will be factored into the overall uptime statistic, as these types of events are beyond the control of Neptune Consulting Group, Inc.
Response Time/Service Levels
Neptune Consulting Group, Inc. guarantees a maximum of 4-hour response time. To date, Neptune Consulting Group, Inc’s average response time has been substantially less than the 4-hour guarantee.
Neptune Consulting Group, Inc. will only meet the guaranteed response time if the customer submits valid IT-related requests through an accepted "proper" channel. Acceptable proper channels are:
- An email to firstname.lastname@example.org, including details of the IT-related request in the body of the email.
- A telephone call to the main Neptune Consulting Group, Inc. office (714-734-0500).
- A request submitted through our website: http://www.neptune.net/contact-us/contact-supporthelpdesk/.
Upon receipt of an IT-related request, Neptune Consulting Group, Inc. will provide an estimated time-to-resolution (ETR). Neptune Consulting Group, Inc. will make best efforts to resolve all IT-related requests within the same day (or 24 hours), if at all possible.
There are certain circumstances, such as having to wait for replacement parts or dealing with large-scale cataclysmic disasters, where it will not be possible to resolve an IT-related request within 24 hours. If that is the case, then we will update the customer with a revised estimated time-to-resolution (ETR). To date, Neptune Consulting Group, Inc. has resolved IT-related requests in significantly less time than 24 hours.
In addition to issuing an estimated time-to-resolution, Neptune Consulting Group, Inc. will prioritize the IT-related request by assigning a Severity Code when opening the case (recording the IT-related request), as well as an internal Tracking Number (case number).
Severity Codes are assigned to each IT-related request received by Neptune Consulting Group, Inc. when a case is opened. There are five (5) Severity Codes: 1-5. The higher the Severity Code, the higher priority the case will receive.
- Severity Code 5
- An example of a Severity Code 5 case is a widespread catastrophic event, such as an 8.0+ earthquake. Under these circumstances, it is highly doubtful that Neptune Consulting Group, Inc. will be able to meet the goal of resolving the IT-related request within 24 hours. However, to date we have never opened a Severity Code 5 case.
- Severity Code 4
- A case opened with Severity Code 4 means that a server or mission-critical service is down or unavailable. Examples of Severity Code 4 cases include disk crashes, hardware failures, Denial of Service attacks (hacker attacks), etc. Severity Code 4 cases usually impact the entire enterprise (all computer users). Fortunately, very few cases are opened with a Severity Code 4; these cases are very rare.
- Severity Code 3
- Cases opened with Severity Code 3 impact a few users, or groups of users. They generally indicate that something isn’t quite right. Examples of Severity Code 3 cases are desktops infected with viruses, configuration errors, software bugs, etc. Remedial action is taken immediately, provided that there are no active Severity Code 5 or Severity Code 4 cases in the queue.
- Severity Code 2
- Severity Code 2 is assigned to cases that only affect one user. Examples of Severity Code 2 cases are a user with a corrupt mailbox, or a user that can’t login, or a user that has insufficient privileges, etc. Severity Code 2 cases are addressed as soon as possible, as long as there are no higher-priority cases in the queue. These are the most common types of IT-related requests.
- Severity Code 1
- Neptune Consulting Group, Inc. opens a case with Severity Code 1 if we deem the IT- related request to be a Request for New Service. Examples of this include setting up LDAP services, or writing an FTP script to transfer data to a server in Seoul, Korea. Resolving these types of IT-related requests in a timely manner depends on the complexity of the request, availability of resources, etc. Additional charges may apply.
I sincerely hope that this adequately explains Neptune Consulting Group, Inc.’s Service Level Agreements. We look forward to filling all your IT needs and requirements. Please let us (email@example.com) know if you have any questions.
Neptune Consulting Group, Inc.